The Vienna International Airport (VIE) in Wien-Schwechat is situated about 20 km
south-east of Vienna. On the airport's web site you
find flight information as well as transportations into the city center:
The indicated fares are based on 2009. For information about public transport
in vienna please also look at the dedicated page about public transport.
- City Airport Train (CAT) to terminal station Wien-Mitte/Landstrasse.
Departure from the airport every half hour (single ticket 10 Euro).
Then take the underground U4 to Karlsplatz
(extra ticket required, 1.80 Euro)
- Express Train: S-Bahn to station Wien-Mitte/Landstrasse.
Departure from the airport about every 15-30 minutes. Tickets are available at
vending machines directly at the station (2 Zones: 3.60 Euro) and are valid for
connections in Vienna as well (U-Bahn, Tram and Bus).
All lines are going to Wien-Mitte but please mind the right direction. From there
take the underground U4 to Karlsplatz
- Taxi from the airport to the centre of Vienna (about 35 Euro)
- Vienna Airport Lines Bus Service to
Single ticket 6 Euro. Schedule
- Wien Schwedenplatz: every 30 minutes; Travel time 20 minutes
- Wien Meidling: every 20 minutes; Travel time 30 minutes
- Wien Westbahnhof: every 20 minutes; Travel time 45 minutes
If you prefer travelling by train you will find necessary information at www.oebb.at (Austrian Federal Railways) or via phone +43-5-1717.
How to reach the venue from railway stations:
- from Wien Westbahnhof (terminal railway station West):
Underground U3 to "Volkstheater", change there to U2 and exit at stop "Karlsplatz/Oper"
- from Wien Meidling (terminal railway station South & East):
Tram line 62 or Badner Bahn (direction Oper) to stop "Resselgasse"
- from Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof (terminal railway station North-West):
Tram line D (direction "Südbahnhof") to stop "Karlsplatz/Oper"
- from Wien-Nord / Praterstern (railway station North):
Underground U1 to "Karlsplatz/Oper"
Please bear in mind that you have to buy the official highway toll label ("Vignette") before using any motorway in Austria (more information at www.vignette.at).
- from the South and East: Südautobahn (A2) - Südosttangente (A23) - Exit Gürtel
- Südbahnhof - Prinz Eugenstraße - Schwarzenbergplatz - Karlsplatz
- from the West: Westautobahn (A1) - Hietzinger Kai - Schönbrunner Straße -
Rechte Wienzeile - Karlsplatz
- from the North: Donauuferautobahn (A22) - Südosttangente (A23) - Exit Gürtel - Südbahnhof
- Prinz Eugenstraße - Schwarzenbergplatz - Karlsplatz
Please also note that public parking is not free of charge in the city center of Vienna and that the underground car park at the venue costs 3.20 Euro per hour.